Hi! My name is Moose! I’m a 6 month old female holland lop bunny and I want to tell you some things about me because around Easter time, people like to buy bunnies without knowing what they’re really committing to and can make bunnies like me really sick or even put our lives in danger.
- I can live to be up to ten years old! That’s a whole decade of cleaning my cage, buying me food, and letting me get enough exercise.
- I need my cage to be cleaned at least once a week or more and I can be very smelly! If my cage isn’t cleaned regularly, I can get very sick
- I need plenty of room to run around and play. You have to watch me the whole time because I like to chew wires and I could get hurt. Sometimes I also like to chew carpet and even pee on the floor just like a puppy might.
- I am an exotic animal. If I get sick or need to be spayed, a regular vet isn’t going to know how to take care of me.
- I need to be trained just like any other pet because I can be a handful.
- I get scared very easily and loud noises can be dangerous because my heartbeat is very fast, and if I get scared, I could have a heart attack.
- If you don’t want me anymore, don’t set me free outside. I won’t know what to eat and other animals will attack me and try to eat me. I’m not like a wild bunny.
- I get to be pretty big! I won’t always be small and fit in a tiny cage. I come with an expense of food, hay, bedding, and a cage.
If you buy a bunny like me, please make sure you do your research and be sure you can love me and take care of me. Happy Easter!
- Moose, your friendly tumblr bunny